Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Last of the Baby Sweaters

(topic: babies, knitting)

Dear Friends,

As you know, my friends have been having a rash of babies lately, and I've been knitting lots of baby gifts! This post is about the last 2 shrugs I've make for this batch of babies. This last set is going to a rainbow baby - a new baby in a family that has previously lost a baby. I initially started with a nice wool, since I know the mom knits and will appreciate it and know how to care for it. I ended up with this one, which I am pleased with, which will probably fit a 3-4 month old:


Now, it turns out that this little one is a preemie, so she's very very little, and likely won't fit into that teal and fawn sweater anytime soon. So I decided to make a little care package with a few other things too, and then make a second sweater, that the baby will hopefully be able to wear sooner! This one is all acrylic for easy washing, and is scaled down in size simply by using a baby-weight yarn and needles two sizes smaller, rather than adjusting stitch counts.


I think it came out well, and hope that the receiving family likes both!

Yours,

Sarah

To subscribe, find the "subscribe by email" note in the left column and enter your email there. Posts will be emailed directly to you whenever I post them!

Resource list: Visit my spreadsheet at www.tinyurl.com/infantloss

No comments:

Post a Comment