Thursday, January 18, 2018

BLAAAAAH




BLAAAAAH

No Motivation, No Get Up and Go


Dear Friends,

One of the stupidest and most frustrating "symptoms" of grief, for me and in my experience, is when I have days where doing anything seems like so much effort that it's not worth it. Not quite to the scale of debilitating depression, because I do get out of bed, and get ready, but then I just mope around the house and don't feel like starting anything.

These days come less and less often. Sometimes they have a reason, like if I was upset the day before, or something is on my mind. But sometimes, if there is a reason, I don't know what it is.

I will usually still get things done, like maybe doing the dishes, or writing something here, or helping a fellow loss-mama on Facebook, but I don't do much throughout the day, and usually nothing that involves physical effort, major mental effort, or any sort of decision-making.

What is frustrating, to me, is that I can see that I'm doing it, that I'm not starting anything, that I'm not getting anything done. It's not a sad day, where I need to take time for myself, either, I just don't even know what I want. And I can't figure out what to do that day, either to fill the time or to get myself out of the mopey mood.

Like I said, as time goes on, these days become fewer, for which I am grateful.

Yours,

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment