Saturday, October 20, 2018

Completed Green Cedar Leaf Shawlette

(topic: knitting)

Note

This post is a "Saturday Hobby" post. During October (Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month), Wednesday (stillbirth blog themed) posts are more specifically about awareness and sharing about Pregnancy and Infant Loss. However, sticking with my usual format, Saturday posts still showcase fiber crafts I'm currently working on! Please join us again later this week to read about the statistic and numbers surrounding pregnancy loss.


THE CEDAR LEAF SHAWLETTE --- DONE AT LAST!

READ ALL ABOUT IT, READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Yup, I'm finally done (mostly) with the shawlette! In time for my self-imposed deadline, too. Below are pictures of the final product.
Why "mostly done"? Because it is currently in the process of blocking (drying while pinned in shape, so the wool learns where to be, so the pattern is fully visible).

Fully finished, just needs the ends woven in! Note that the leaves are pretty curled under. Blocking should fix that.

A possible outfit (seeing which shawl pin I like!). Again, many of the leaves are only half showing - pinning the shawl while wet and letting it dry (because it's all wool) should teach the wool fibers where I want them to be, and will hopefully make the leaves more visible!


This is what it looks like right now, pinned in shape. The top of the shawl could have been pinned straight, but then the leaves couldn't open fully. Since I'm usually going to be wrapping this around my shoulders, the curve of the top edge won't show, and I'd rather have the leaves fully uncurled anyway!

I had great fun making this project. I'm already casting on the next project, but I promise I'll post a picture of me in this shawl at some point!


Yours,

Sarah

To subscribe, find the "subscribe by email" note in the left column and enter your email there. Posts will be emailed directly to you whenever I post them!

Resource list: Visit my spreadsheet at www.tinyurl.com/infantloss

No comments:

Post a Comment